Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hannah Lee's Bridal "Coffee"

One of my absolute favorite types of functions to cater is a Bridal Tea or Shower. I love everything about them. The pretty, dainty foods; the punch; the gifts; the flower arrangements; the tablescape; and getting to use all my pretty serving pieces (or should I say, my mom's serving pieces!). Love them! They are as fun to plan as they are to set up and cook for. The latest Bridal function I catered was referred to as a "Coffee"...instead of a "Tea" or "Brunch". Very unique, I'd never heard that before. We created a menu of breakfast finger foods, a coffee flavored punch, a mimosa bar and coffee bar. It was a huge success and so beautiful! Several of the old ladies congregated around the coffee punch and kept guzzling glass after glass. Such a fun function and a nice change from a traditional Bridal Tea or Brunch. Here is the menu as well as some photos of the "Coffee". Enjoy! Happy Sunday. :)


Cheers,

The Chef Next Door


Menu:

Breakfast Casserole

Classically made with whipped eggs, breakfast sausage,
fresh white bread, and sharp cheddar cheese

Assorted Pastries and Mini Muffins
Pastries: Cinnamon Danish, Bear Claws, Cheese Pockets, and Plain, Cinnamon, and Cream Cheese Meltaways
Muffins: Mini Blueberry, Orange Blossom, and Lemon Poppy seed

Warm Bacon Swiss Dip in Phyllo Cups
Creamy cheesy dip with crumbled bacon
in tiny crispy phyllo cups

Fresh Fruit Skewers
Freshly cut Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Pineapple,
Strawberries, and Grapes on a mini skewer

Savage’s Tiny Ham and Cheese Biscuits
Delectable mini Cheese Biscuits stuffed with sliced Deli Ham

Cheddar Sausage Balls
Made with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh breakfast sausage

Coffee Punch
Creamy coffee-flavored punch with chocolate, vanilla, and coffee ice cream balls and swirled with fresh whipped cream

Champagne Mimosas and Orange Juice
Ice Water and Coffee Bar































2 comments:

  1. Will you PLEASE make me some sausage balls and some of that bacon dip? I would love you forever! I already do but you know this would just add to it!!!!! You could just send them to me!!!! Love Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm not sure how well sausage balls and bacon swiss dip would hold up in the mail! Check my profile on Mixing Bowl and I'll post the recipes just for you, my love. :)

    ReplyDelete