Sunday, August 15, 2010

An 80th Birthday Cocktail Party

Well well well....just when I was really getting the itch to make some dainty finger foods- Howard and Emily Rogers come through wanting some h'or douerves for a cocktail party for Emily's mother's 80th birthday party!  What a treat. :)  She browsed my website and picked out 5 of my most favorite finger foods to add to the event:

 *Assorted Crostini Bar*
A variety to please any palate- all resting on crunchy but chewy Garlic Toast Points

Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and torn Prosciutto

Olive Tapenade, Cream Cheese, and shredded Parmesan

Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil, and Balsamic Reduction

Gorgonzola and Honey


*Tuscan Pinwheels*
Made with Rotisserie Chicken, Sun-dried Tomato, Parmesan and Italian herbs slathered in a Pesto Cream Cheese and rolled in a Sun-dried Tomato Herbed Wrap



*Asiago Stuffed New Potatoes*
Petite Red Potatoes are baked once, have their middles scooped out and mixed with all things yummy such as butter, sour cream, and Asiago cheese, then restuffed and baked again


*Asparagus Spirals*
Fresh Asparagus is wrapped in tiny strips of Cheesy Puff Pastry and baked to golden puffed perfection. Served with a Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce

*Warm Bacon Swiss Dip in Phyllo Cups*
A smooth and creamy mixture of Swiss Cheese, Green Onions, and crumbled Bacon is piped into tiny crispy Phyllo cups and topped with...even more bacon!


I try not to play favorites, but these intricate yummy bite-size treats are some of the most fun to make...and eat. Although the Rogers opted for the "Express" option (which is why most things are pictured in their disposable travel containers), it is still fun to hand over my hand-crafted h'or douerves and wish them well on their journey.

Thanks, Howard and Emily, for the opportunity to serve you!

Cheers,

The Chef Next Door

1 comment:

  1. Well I just loved herbed wrap most among all this. I would like to try that if I will get a chance. Well now I have booked grand venues for my wedding, and I will finalize menu soon with help of my parents. This blog will be helpful for me in finalizing snacks items.

    ReplyDelete